Are dental implants for me?
For the implants to properly fuse, you need to have healthy gums and adequate bone structure. However, if you don’t have adequate bone structure, we use techniques that can help harvest enough bone to support the implant.
As such, we’ll assess your overall dental health using our range of tools (including x-rays) to determine if implants will be successful.
We’ll discuss the results with you in depth before any work is undertaken.
The procedure consists of the following steps over several months:
- Implants will be surgically placed in your jaw, whilst you’re under local anaesthesia.
- Immediately afterward, you may experience some pain and swelling. We’ll provide medication to counter this, if necessary.
- We’ll give them around two to six months to fuse properly to your jawbone (a process called osseointegration).
- If suitable, we’ll give you temporary crowns,bridges or dentures, to aid eating and talking during this period.
- Once osseointegration is complete, we’ll take impressions and attach fixtures.
- Your new teeth will be moulded and coloured to your specifications, before being attached to the implants.
It may seem like a lengthy process, but it’s worth it for the final result – a flawless, natural-looking and comfortable smile you can feel confident in all the time. Once the implant procedure is successfully completed, we’ll give you personalised aftercare advice and healthcare to help you keep them in tip-top shape for as long as possible.
Please note, this is a previous client of Artis Dental.